The Niles Youth Community seeks to promote anti-racism, the diversity of the Niles community, and the voices of the youth. We have joined with the Niles Coalition to work as a coalition towards social justice causes in our community.
- Niles Youth Community Petition CommentsHere are some comments from the Niles Youth Community Library Petition. You still have time to add your own! “I support the demands of the Niles Youth Community” “Morton Grove stands with you! We demand equity and resources for our Niles Township friends. We are so proud to see the Niles Youth Community stepping up,… Read more: Niles Youth Community Petition Comments
- Liberate the Library Protest PostponedHello supporter! Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Niles Youth Community has decided to postpone the Liberate the Library protest scheduled for Wednesday October 20th. Liberating the library means more than a single protest. It’s an ongoing commitment of solidarity with groups of people who are impacted most. We’re not slowing down one bit! There are… Read more: Liberate the Library Protest Postponed
- [EMAIL] Youth SolidarityHowdy neighbor! Leaders of social justice have emphasized the importance of solidarity. It is a crucial element for a just society. All of us are or will be subject to marginalization that dramatically affects our lives. It’s in solidarity that great strides towards justice have been made. In that spirit, here are opportunities to show… Read more: [EMAIL] Youth Solidarity
- Liberate the Library Protest!The Niles-Maine District Library has been taken over by hostile anti-library trustees: Carolyn Drblik, Suzanne Schoenfeldt, and Joe Makula. Join the Niles Youth Community‘s anti-racism efforts by signing the petition and showing up to the Liberate the Library protest for anti-racism! We demand equity at the Niles-Maine District Library by updating the mission: “to equitably engage, inform, enrich, and educate.” We… Read more: Liberate the Library Protest!
- Niles Youth Community Library PetitionThe Niles-Maine District Library is being undermined by three anti-library trustees: Carolyn Drblik, Suzanne Schoenfeldt, and Joe Makula. Their attack on our library will disproportionately impact the most marginalized people. The Niles Youth Community caucus of the Niles Coalition has the following anti-racist demands: We demand equity at the Niles-Maine District Library by updating the mission: “to equitably engage, inform, enrich, and educate.”… Read more: Niles Youth Community Library Petition
- [EMAIL] Youth Coalition BuildingHello there neighbor! We have some awesome news to share, with opportunities you or people you know may be interested in. Check it out and please share around! Niles Youth Community A group of youth organizers has joined the Niles Coalition as the Niles Youth Community! We are so excited to work with them in… Read more: [EMAIL] Youth Coalition Building
- Niles Youth Community #SaveNilesLibrary DemandsThe Niles Youth Community seeks to promote anti-racism, the diversity of the Niles community, and the voices of the youth. To make that a reality we are demanding the following actions to liberate our library! We demand equity at the Niles-Maine District Library by updating the mission: “to equitably engage, inform, enrich, and educate.” We demand resources to meet the needs… Read more: Niles Youth Community #SaveNilesLibrary Demands